Sign up to our mailing list for up-to-date event information and special offers:

Kilimanjaro Lemosho: Fundraising & Charity

You can fundraise for the event by any means you like - online, offline or both. We ask that you use online websites such as or as we believe it is the easiest way to fundraise for this type of event. We, as the event organisers, don’t handle any of your fundraising - this is looked after and monitored by your chosen charity.

Once you have registered for the challenge, we will get in touch with your chosen charity for you and make them aware that you wish to fundraise for them. Please wait until you have heard from your charity to start your fundraising. Within 2 weeks of you registering, they should be in contact to welcome you on board the challenge and provide you with some fundraising information. If you charity has not made contact within that time please let us know and we will chase them up for you.

Please make sure 80% of your fundraising target is with your charity by 12 weeks prior to your departure. The remaining 20% will be due by the time you head to Tanzania! If you're having troubles with fundraising, please get in touch with your charity and they will be able to help.

online fundraising sites

If you have been raising money by an online fundraising site you do not need to physically transfer the money to your charity. The website will do this automatically for you.

  • You just need to ensure that the total fundraising amount shown on your page is greater than the minimum required amount needed for your distance.
  • The site will acutally transfer your fundraising to your chosen charity in monthly installments, so your charity will have already recieved the majority of the funds before the deadline.
  • If you are at all concerned please feel free to contact your charity and check that they are aware of your fundraising page and are happy that you have reached the required amount.

sponsorship forms

If you have been collecting money by using sponsorship forms you will need to make sure that you have collected your pledges in advance and sent the money to your chosen charity - NOT TO ACTION CHALLENGE. If you are unsure of your charities prefered payment method please feel free to call them and ask them directly. 

once you've reached your fundraising target

Your charity will liase directly with Action Challenge to confirm that you have reached your fundraising target. You do therefore not need to contact Action Challenge directly to confirm your fundraising. 

Your financial protection:

The air holiday packages and flights shown are ATOL protected by the Civil Aviation Authority in the UK. Our ATOL number is 6296. In Ireland the air & holiday packages and flights that are shown are protected by CAR license number TA0297. Please see our booking conditions for more information.