A Cycle Guide is an experienced cyclist who has cycled through the night, through urban areas, in all weather and can contain a consistant pace.
What is cycle Guide?
- Spread throughout the Peleton riding amongst riders.
- Showing support to those who are less experienced cycling out on the road or at night.
- Ensuring that everyone is happy, safe and well looked after along the course.
How do Cycle Guides serve a vital role on the challenge?
- Providing support and reassurance to individuals who are taking part on the challenge by themselves, perhaps for the first time.
- Provide satefy for those who do not want to cycle alone through urban areas or at night.
- Encourage commaraderie and the social aspect of taking on the 100km challenge.
- Imparting thier wisdom to far less experienced challengers.
- Providing that bit of support that can make the difference between a participant giving up on the challenge or making it to the finish line.
What do I need to become a Cycle Guide?
- Be a experienced and confident 300 mile cyclist
- Be sociable and good with people
- Know how to encourage thouse around you to get the best out of them
- Be calm under pressure
- Have the experience of riding at night and in Urban Areas.